Yamaha 175 hp Ignition Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 175 hp Ignition Trouble

I have no fire to the coils. I checked the bus bar that feeds each coil with a 12 volt tester, it had no power any where on the bar. I then checked the control unit located just below the bus bar it has a yellow, cream, brown and black wire all going to the bus bar and a pink wire coming from the wire harness, none of them have power. I thought of running a jumper to the pink wire thinking that it should be the power feed but I was afraid I might fry something. Any help you can give I'm about to pull out what little hair I have left?

Try swaping out the ignition.. it costs only a few bucks and it is an easy way to eliminate that as a problem. For some reason I have had bad luck with ignition switches on my boat so now I keep a spare on board just in case. $5 bucks and most auto parts places usually care them...

Comment

Did you check the emergency stop to be sure the lanyard is in place.
      1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
      1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

unplug 10 pin main at motor, turn over remotely and check for spark

Comment

over the years there has been something like 11 versions of the 175 HP yamaha.
          without a model number any and all advice is simply garbage at best and seriously incorrect at worst.

Comment

Working...
          X