lost power after accidental start while running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost power after accidental start while running

I accidentally engaged starter, very briefly, while engine was running. immediately lost all power -- no radio, no GPS, no hydraulics.

checked fuses in console, lost one 5 amp, replaced it. could have already been gone, though.

removed engine cover -- starter was engaged with flywheel, I disengaged it easily. checked fuses in engine fuse box, all intact.

must be some sort of breaker or reset to protect the starter; I can't find it and manual mentions nothing.

My 22 ft Pathfinder CC also has a battery switch, although it does not appear to cut off power to anything. It has two fuses and they are both fine. I switched it off and on and I also engaged and disengaged the dead man switch for the ignition in case it had a reset feature.

any ideas? can't imagine that this is a complex fix.

Will

This engine is a V225, two years old, 30 hours on it or so.

Will

Comment

Will,
      You should have at least two fuses under the hood of that 225 - on my C115, there are two in separate fuse holders. Take all fuses out of their holders and ohm out with ohm meter - sometimes they will burn just inside cap and you can't see that they are blown.
      Also, ohm out those fuses in the battery switch. Normally there is no fuse/breaker for the power to the starter (though it would be a good idea).Power from the battery should be coming directly to the starter relay. Use a voltmeter to see if 12 volts is there. If not, then check for bad connection at battery/switch.
      Good luck,
      Ken K

Comment

Best forum website I ever identified

I am very joyful to come across details I`ve looked for here, really incredible place

Comment

post a full model number.
          then post what it used to do and NOW what it does NOT do.

Comment

Working...
          X