impeller issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impeller issue

I have a 2006 Yamaha 225hp, serviced by the same shop since new. When launching the boat the other night I thought the engine was below the waterline, but it wasn't. I noticed pretty quickly due to the loud noise. I would say the engine was running 7 to 10 seconds, max. I took it out for a run and all seemed fine. On the way back in to the slip I noticed the engine wasn't 'spitting' water out the side. Is this an impeller prob? The engine seemed cool despite being run for 40 mins or so. I had the boat doing 30 mph for a little bit, too. The exhaust was still 'spitting' water. I have no peace of mind to take the boat on a big trip knowing their might be an issue. Thoughts??

should be just fine, clean out the tube
    ive done much worse....

Comment

thanks for the reply. What tube? Im not very mechanically inclined. What I don't know is, do my guages (oil/temp) actually read anything ongoing, or just act as an alarm in case of problem? What I'm saying is, should I rely on them?

Pete

Thanks again for your time.

Comment

which gauges do you have ??
        use a small gauge wire or large mono line and clean tell tale tube/outlet

Comment

By 'tell tale tube', you mean the tube that should be pissing water to indicate that it is cooling? Sorry for being so remedial, but I don't know my way around this engine.

Comment

Working...
          X