Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop question

Greetings,

A newbie to this forum. I sent a question to the folks at Yamaha and they referred me to this forum. I hope someone can help. Here is my question:

I would like to replace my Yamaha prop for a higher performance prop - more
    top speed.

I have an 02 Yamaha T25TLRA 25HP/4 Stroke/ High Thrust motor on an 18 foot
    pontoon boat.

The standard prop that came with the boat is Aluminum, 3-Blade, 12 1/4, 9 pitch, right handed. Yamaha part # is 68U-45941-00-EL

What higher performance props are available that I could use to get better
    top speed?

Any assistance, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

You need to post the WOT rpm and GPS speed.
    Stanley Islander 19, 2006 Yamaha F150TLRC. Ottawa, Canada
    16' York River, 1986 Yamaha PRO 50.

Comment

" You need to post the WOT rpm and GPS speed "

I have a tach so I can see the rpms... what does WOT stand for?
      Wide open throttle?

By GPS I assume I need to measure the speed of the boat in MPH using a GPS function - I can do that.

So, in summary... While the boat is in full throttle I need to know the max rpm and the max speed in MPH using a GPS and then repost my question. Is this correct?

Comment

WOT is wide open throttle. You need to select a prop that allows the engine no reach the upper end of the rpm band without over reving. There is no such thing as a stock prop. The prop is selected to suit the application.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/s...-04-70_531.pdf

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard...~30,%20F25.pdf

Could be you already have the perfect prop but we need a baseline.

Comment

I'm running an F25TLRB on a Crestliner Sportsman 14. That's a deep-V, ass heavy aluminum boat. I found my best performance using an aluminum 9 7/8" dia. x 12" pitch prop. I don't have a tach, so I adjust the trim by ear. My top end is about 26 mph measured with my humminbird. I usually run just under WOT at about 22-23 mph. You might also check the performance bulletins for your engine on the Yamaha Outboard site.

As someone else noted, the F25 and T25 are different in some respects, including props. There are several alternatives listed for the F25, but the only prop I saw for the T25 is the one you are running.
          Last edited by riberajoe; 11-18-2011, 05:29 PM. Reason: To add a thought.

Comment

Riberjoe, me thinks maineboater has gone away. Good of you to reply though.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineBoater View Post
              Greetings,

A newbie to this forum. I sent a question to the folks at Yamaha and they referred me to this forum. I hope someone can help. Here is my question:

I would like to replace my Yamaha prop for a higher performance prop - more
              top speed.

I have an 02 Yamaha T25TLRA 25HP/4 Stroke/ High Thrust motor on an 18 foot
              pontoon boat.

The standard prop that came with the boat is Aluminum, 3-Blade, 12 1/4, 9 pitch, right handed. Yamaha part # is 68U-45941-00-EL

What higher performance props are available that I could use to get better
              top speed?

Any assistance, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
              A 25HP motor on an 18' pontoon boat....you may be wasting your money looking for more performance with a different prop. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
              X