No announcement yet.

Yamaha Outboard 40 Electrical Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Outboard 40 Electrical Problems?

Have a yamaha 2000 yamaha 40( tilt and trim) thats been sitting for 3 years. Put on "new to me" boat - ran great but tried to eye ball the mix and fouled a plug. Long story short - boat almost sank, very small portion of the cowling was under water. Removed cowling and a little water came out bottom portion of carb cover. Used lift to save the boat, got it on the trailer using emergency fuel enrichment and new battery (on other note motor will trim down but not up). Researched possible issues with fuel enrichment - pulled the fuel prime needle, got it tested and it wasn't working properly. Ordered a new one, put it on, got it grounded and crimped back on the blue wire. Plugged up the battery and all i hear when i turn the key is a clicking noise and I can't exactly tell where its coming from but upon inspecting the starter I felt like it wasn't it - not to mention it was fine a week and a half ago and didn't get wet. Before replacing the fuel prime needle, the boat turned over flawlessly. I've checked the only fuse i can under the cowling (which i believe is just trim anyway) and its fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would rather handle it than pay to get it taken in like I do with all my other stuff

Load test battery, check battery cable condition and connections at battery and on motor, test starter solenoid, check starter.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X