Prop size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop size?

I've got a 2004 yamaha 50trlc with original prop. I would like more top end and am curious about the proper way to upgrade the prop. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

You need to post your RPM and speed at WOT, and the type and pitch of what you are currently using.
    Stanley Islander 19, 2006 Yamaha F150TLRC. Ottawa, Canada
    16' York River, 1986 Yamaha PRO 50.

Comment

Not sure for any of that. It is however a stock prop. I know at wot I run about 36mph. Ive got a 16.5 duracraft alum. boat. Is there a way to find out my terminal hull speed? Curious about all this because I feel my boat should be running faster. I will repost as soon as I hook a tach up. Are there markings on my prop that inform me of size/pitch/etc?

Comment

Termimal hull speed only applies to displacement hulls. Your speed sounds about right for a 50 on a 16.5 boat. My SS14 Grew runs 37.5 with a Pro-50.
        Stanley Islander 19, 2006 Yamaha F150TLRC. Ottawa, Canada
        16' York River, 1986 Yamaha PRO 50.

Comment

That kinda blows. I was hopin to reach closer to fifty. I put a se300 hydrofoil on yesterday water test this wkend. Thank you for your help. Could u recommend a place/website to look at props?

Comment

try this out

below is a link that should get you in the ball park. I hope it helps.

http://www.watercraftservices.com/Propwiz.php
            Last edited by avengerblue1; 06-22-2011, 03:08 PM.

Comment

The site was def. Informative however it doesn't contain my motor model number.
              I've got a 50trlc and am having trouble finding info on it.

Comment

I am not sure why you expected to get 50MPH out of that set up, but look at this site and see what it shows for a set up like yours.
                Performance Bulletin Home

Comment

Working...
                X