Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamah 115 slows after run

Hi all first post so hear goe's.

My Yamah 115hp has a strange fault after a 1 hr run at about 4,500 rpm, I throttled back for a big wave, the engine after that would not pick up but ran at low revs smothly if I opend the throttel any more it ran lumpy after a further 1 hour going back slowly it returned to full power? I have had new injectors fitted and had the fuel filters done even ran it from a fuel can, the oil is fine, the telltale was not hot and was running well, could it be low oil presure? or what do you think?

Did you have any alarms or indication on the tach when it happened?
    Are you sure your alarms will sound when a problem shows up?

If talking about oil pressure then this motor is a 4 stroke?

I would be looking at fuel pressures to see what is going on and get it hooked up to a computer to see if there are any codes

Comment

Yes its a 4 stroke and there were no alarms, hooking it up to a computer can I get a conection for my lap top or is it a dealer job?

thanks for the quick reply

Comment

best to take to dealer as the cable and software is not something you can find just anywhere

Comment

can I check the oil presure and fuel presure? I have just changed the oil and filter, it slows after a long run the if you slow down and then after an hour it will go well again, I wash it out with frresh water after each trip, its used twice a week all year around and this is the first problem I have had with it, will it remember its faults or will it have to be hooked up on a run?

Comment

Working...
          X