Another question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question

I have a 1999 C-60 2 stroke, bought it new and have never run it without Ring Free and Stabil. has 1200 hrs on it, runs and starts perfectly. When i got the water pump replaced the mechanic told me it would be a good idea to have the carbs cleaned. He said he takes them off and soaks them in a solvent. $180.00 all three carbs.

Does this sound like a good idea? I trust this guy, but still would like to hear from some of you guys.

Thanks

i would suggest to have it done

Comment

Far cry from the 300 i payed to have mine done and and still not finished with it guy up and left with the one carb built and upper not so im doing it my self now, But yes 180 good price. And well worth it to get them clean.

Comment

Thanks. Appreciate your input.

Tim

Comment

How much do the carb kits cost? Sounds like he's not going with the rebuild kits and is reusing all the gaskets.
          1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
          1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

It's not a rebuild, just a dunk in some kind of solvent.

Comment

Why do anything if it runs and starts so well? Just my 2 cents but I would leave it alone.
              Stanley Islander 19, 2006 Yamaha F150TLRC. Ottawa, Canada
              16' York River, 1986 Yamaha PRO 50.

Comment

I think like you, so I asked the guy why? He said because it's 11 years old and has 1200 hours on it. I guess it can't hurt, and not very expensive.

Comment

My 1999 C90 Yamaha similar to yours, runs like a top all the time, never had carbs off, cleaned or adjusted. I use Stabil and Ringfree all the time, use fuel/water separator, drain carbs now and then to be dead sure nothing in them. If your motor is running fine, why screw with carbs? Go fishing and enjoy yourself!

Comment

Think I'll just leave it alone.

Thanks guys

. Goin' down to fish camp Friday am. Got a new prop, ready to get the blues!

Comment

Working...
                    X