2003 OX66 250 to 2007 HPDI 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 OX66 250 to 2007 HPDI 250

I am repowering replacing my OX66 250 with an HPDI 250- The main wiring harness is plug and play but there were three misc connectors on the OX66, one of these is alos plug and play. There is a separate connector on the OX66 that one wire (gray) goes to a third connector. I have another blown OX66 250 and the wiring is the same. The motor will start, tach works, and the tilt and trim works. The trim gaige does not. Is there an adapter connector for this?

post the model number of the OX66 motor.

Comment

How'd the OX66 blow up?
      1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
      1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

The model for the OX66 is VX250TLRB

Comment

The motor has over 3,000 hours.

Comment

Just curious, have you had any problems with the fuel pump on that. I have the 200hp version of that engine. I think I have a bad fuel pump. Engine drops off almost dies all of a sudden after a 40 count of being at WOT.

Comment

yes the 3.1L motors are kinda hard on lift pumps.
              they also require periodic VST filter and injector filter maint.
              3000 hours isnt the reason it blew a powerhead.
              typically its runnig it till it NEEDS maint rather than doing it BEFORE it NEEDS it.
              like I used to say, typically if you NEED a water pump its quite likly you also NEED a piston or head gasket.

on the OX motors a leaking lift pump can toss a rod,a leaking fuel filter cup can smoke a piston,a clogged VST or injector filter can smoke a piston.
              a faulty O2 sensor can smoke a piston.
              overheat will definately smoke a piston.
              cant tell you how many OX and HPDI motors I have worked on that the customer says, we just cleaned,or had cleaned, the O2 sensor.
              my first question then is did you PROPERLY test the O2 sensor output voltage?
              typically I get a blank stare and a mumble about the mysterys of electrons.
              O2 sensor output voltage MUST be tested periodically and after any maint actions.

Comment

want to sell the ox 66 ???

Do you want to sell the ox 66 ?

Comment

Working...
                X