Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 hp 4 stroke

Hello
    I ha ve lund explorer 1999 with an endine of Yamaha 50 hp 4 stroke 1999 When we are 3 or more in the boat we have some problem up on the wave what is the problem what can I do to have no problem to go faster .
    Excuse my English I am a French Canadian
    I will appreciate your help
    Thanks

If you having trouble getting boat on plain with 3 people onboard you might try a smaller pitch prop. The operating range is 5000-6000 RPM'S, Do you know what your max RPM'S are.

Comment

thanks boats net I will see that and talk with my mecanic helper because I can not see the info about the prop.

Comment

You may also consider putting Hydro foils on the Leg of the engine ... if its the high thrust model that engine weights ~ 270 lb
        and if you also have fuel tanks next to the transom you may be heavy on the stern, I have a 17 ft Welded Aluminum with the High Thrust Leg and have found the Hydro foils help get you on plain and also adds stability, but don't believe the Smoke and mirror claims about faster speeds. A guess about prop pith ... if its a High trust unit 15 pitch (max rpm 5500) or 17 pitch (max rpm 5000) Propping your boat properly is usually done by experiment, experience, or luck. I would recommend your full out RPM's should be 5500. Lower than that and your over torque your engine, higher than that wear and tear (cylinder wear oil degradation,etc become problems)

Comment

Working...
        X