Overheat alarm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheat alarm.

Hello folks, I need some advice.I have a 2000 200 hp Vmax,I have never had any issue with it until now(bought new) Today after a run down the lake, I slowed and was graphing an area at idle and the overheat alam went off,(This have never happened before.) I shut the engine down and let it sit for a while and turned the key again and the alarm still went off,this happened a few times the it quit. I then noticed that the beep sound when I turned the key to start the engine was not working anymore and the overheat light that always came on with the low oil light was also not working. The engine was putting out a good stream of water and the water pressure gauge was between 15 and 20 psi.Engine runs fine . Any ideas as to what happened and what I can check/do to fix the problem?Thanks
    When it's going good up jumps the devil

You bought it new and have had it for 11-years? Any service? There's a whole litany of service items that should have been done. By never having any issues; does that mean "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" maintenance program?
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Tucker, Yes I had yearly service for several years until the dealer went out of business.Then I started trying to keep it up myself.I have not replaced the impeller and I know it should have been done.O2 sensors, fuel filters,plugs and I replaced the lower unit lube each year. By saying no issues I meant nothing major. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Those HPDI's need regular love. Low speed overheat alarm, sounds like PRV. Inexpensive part and a definate DIY project. Lots of info here and on THT. General consensus is that this motor is very sensitive to fuel quality.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Tucker, My engine is not the HPDI,It's the VMAX OX66,Going to try to clean the PRV soon.

Comment

Well maybe that's a good thing. The HPDI's have a lot going on under the cowl. You should consider replacing the PRV. The replacement part is a new design, less prone to getting stuck which yours may be. The parts are cheap, be sure to get the grommet and gasket. Search PRV on here, lots of tips for replacing.

Comment

Working...
            X