New Gauge cluster help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gauge cluster help!!!!

I am re rigging a 2001 250 yamaha v max on to a old 24 talon and putting in a new lavorsi gauge cluster cant seem to find a "good" wiring diagram for this engine
    ?? I'm Trying to hook up a Tach which i believe is the solid green wire coming from the flat 4 pin connector from the engine? or is it the solid green wire from the key switch harness?

Then im trying to hook up a water temp gauge and i know that that the wire from the temp sender to the ecu/ecm is black with yellow but is there a wire coming out of the ecu for this or do i need to put a another sender in the blank plug on the i believe the starb. side of the engine and run a wire to the dash?

The flat 4 pin at the helm from the engine has a solid green? tach?
    greenw/ red? Red oil warning light ground through SW3 in main tank oil
    sensor to tachometer found this here Wiring Color Codes for YAMAHA Outboard Motors.

and a white with brown tracer?

and Black ground???

Any help would be great thanks!
    a call would be even better will be up about 8 am eastern time 573-286-5993
    or email rileymarineservices@yahoo.com

The Yamaha key switch should have a yellow, green, red and black wire with bullet type connectors coming out of it, may have rubber cap coving ends of connectors. Connect gauge wiring harness to these wires. For the temp gauge you will have to install a temp sender(to match gauges installing) on engine and route wire up to gauge.
    Yellow wire = Key on power
    Red = 12 volts
    Black = Ground
    Green = Tach signal lead
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X