May have bought someone's nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May have bought someone's nightmare

1985 115 old motor but new to me, ran perfect for about 2hrs total run time. Started to have slight miss, checked filters all clean. Went to lake would not start, turns out no spark on any cyl. Ok so I go though all the test, I have DVA meter and have been down the path before. All tests are good, stator, pulser, coils, kill wires , ohm readings. So order new pack , install and all is good to go, 10 minutes on land good, to the lake 30 mins run time starts to miss. Sure enough no spark on #4. Ok so this motor has from the prevous owner new stator, pack, regulator/rectifier and looks like oil control module,(the new version with the wire going to the pack, connected to pulser coil #2 white/black). If I remember right this wire is so that the module know that motor is running, and will transfer oil. Am I right?
    All tests check out perfect just no output on #4 terminal of the pack. Could this Oil Control module wiring be causing my problem, is it wired correctly? Packs are way to expensive . Thanks greatly for any input

Moving this to the top. Dude's done all the right stuff. Looks like a beaut...
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Can anyone confirm the wiring of this udated oil module?
      They had the single wire from the module connected to the white/black pulser { trigger} wire on the pack. Any thoughts? Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X