Brown tannin stain off white hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown tannin stain off white hull

This might not be the right forum but anyone know how or what you use to get this off.. I found a miricle cleaner that you just sprayed on and then washed off with water called "Best Working" cleaner at Dollar General stores but they dropped it and I can't find anything like it. I also saw an add on Babe Wilkilmans show that had the same results but his web site doesn't list it??? Clorox and other spray cleaners like 409 have no effect on this at all.

Help!!

rustaway or many other products like it will remove it easily

Comment

Go to a west marine (or similar) and get a bottle of ON/OFF. Be carefull with it as it will eat you or anything metal (like your trailer). It will remove those stains! That stuff is a miracle.

Comment

The guys that I fish with use a product called Magic Acid. This is a less caustic form of muratic acid sold at Ace Hardware. Dilute 2:1 with water, spray on with a tank weed sprayer rinse in 5 minutes. Repeat if needed. I haven't used it yet, I would agree about thorough rinsing to keep from attacking the trailer.

Comment

Hull cleaner

Right now I use a bonfide hull cleaner from Walmart. It melts the stains, but can be nasty on the boat trailer metal. After I use that up, I will switch to toilet bowl cleaner from the dollar stor with a acid ingredient. Again rinse boat trailer off immediatley.

Comment

Many Thanks for the info. I did have sucess using the spray form of "The Works" ($1.75 at Dollar General. The more concentrated formula in the bottle was scary strong as it foamed and hissed when it it concrete. Said if it got on your skin call a doctor imediately on the label.

Comment

Working...
            X