115 v 4 yammie timeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 v 4 yammie timeing

Question On a yammie 115 hp v eng how to connect the timming light and also after eng starts it vibrats a little but turn it off and won't start for 5 to 10 mins again don't feel hot on the hoseing and the impeller looks to be putting out enough water out the port. Is their a way to make sure the impeller is working right. have the manul and been looking for right settings got this far stumped.

Thanks again Kc

Odds are real good that your issues are related to the fuel delivery system, maybe dirty carbs, fuel line leaks, fuel pump, filters, etc. Look in those areas before assuming it's an electrical/timing issue. If it's pumping water and not overheating then your cooling system/water pump is O.K., but if it's been a year or 2 or 3 since replacing the impellar then good idea to replace it soon. Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks you narrowed it down to timming and carbs but no leaks i can find and carbs redone air is off some so was starting from scratch on the timming. looks like fuel pump is working atleast the test the manuel says to do is working, on the manuel says to turn the air screws in till their set all the way in then out 1 5/8 to 2 1/4 but when i do this then it won't start have to turn the lower carbs about 10 times to get it to start. then runs with a shack and wobble not to much but it does. back fire just once in a awhile at idel. On the magneto are stop screw has paint on it but was broken and moved several turns, Before i got this eng it was moved could this be the reason my timming might be out, But back to the qeustion at hand timming light connected to #1 coil and 12 volt source?
      Last edited by kcjones1504; 06-14-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Yes, timing light to no 1. cylinder and 12 v source.
        But, your pilot air screw figures are way off the manual.
        For a 1990-1995 115, the pilot screw should be within 3/8 and 7/8 of a turn out...
        Where from did you get these figures ?

Comment

this is a 1986 v 115 hp and manual gave specs thank you for your post
          Last edited by kcjones1504; 06-14-2011, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X