out board overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out board overheating

Please Help... Replaced impella and tstat cleaned ports.. I have a good water stream out the pee hole and alarm goes off after just a few minutes and will go off sooner when over 4k rpms I have a 01 90 yamaha

I had the same problem on my 92 130. PITA I tried everything without any luck. Finally ended up cleaning/grinding and repainting the water jackets with zinc chromate. They were really bad. On my 130 there is two small holes on the enterior side of the jackets. They're about the size of an ink cartridge and that allow the water to dump into part of the exhaust plate. Haven't had a problem since. I have plenty of pictures if you need any help.

Comment

alarm

I have a 92 85 hp and the alarm goes seems constantly now. Water pump replaced less than 2 years ago...no thermostat in motor. Does this motor need thermostat to run correctly?

Comment

Need the stat in there. Don't know much about the 4-cyls but the big ones have a PRV that is notorious for sticking. You guys ever try using rust away?. Run the motor with that stuff for 20-min in a tub and does a great job for me. I'd love to see the before and after pics brougham.
        1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
        1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Working...
        X