Yamaha 85 shutting down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 85 shutting down

One of my engines (Yamaha 85) shuts down when I put it in gear. I changed the racors, the engine's fuel filters and the sparkplugs and used the boat today and same thing happens. The engine is flooding with gas because if I start it up and let it idle for around 5 minutes it will stay on and as soon as I put it in gear it will shut down. To start it I have to accelerate it a little bit and it starts and it smells like gas and if I accelerate it more in neutral I can see oil in the water. A test that I did was turned the other engine off and with that bad engine I tried to plane and it will not pass the 3000 rpm, if I do the same thing with the good engine, that engine will get to 4000 rpm and using both I can notice that the good engine has to help the bad engine to plane the boat.

I took off the carbs and opened them up to see if one of the floats was sticking but all were good.

What do you guys think it can be??
    Last edited by mickybrun; 06-13-2011, 11:51 AM.

Someone over at THT suggested the fuel pump might be bad, what do you guys think?

Comment

no suggestions??

Comment

have you EVER replaced one ?

Comment

On diesel engines, but I've seen that this ones are the in and out of fuel and 2 screws with a gasket in between the block and pump. It should be pretty easy. Never on this boat. I bought it a couple of months ago.
          Last edited by mickybrun; 06-13-2011, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Any other suggestion to check before heading to the boat??

Comment

Working...
            X