F150 Yamaha starting problems when hot- 2005 model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 Yamaha starting problems when hot- 2005 model

I just bought a boat with this 4 stroke Yamaha engine. Took the motor for a check up and the computer did not report any problems and only 425 hrs of service and 150 psi of cilinder comperssion. 100 hrs service was done, new impeller and new oil for lower unit were also replaced. The lead mechanic seems to think I may be experiencing the vapor lock issue but out here in California the water temp was 57 and 67 out in the water.I don't belive I have the heat+gas+vapor problem.

After so many complaints, all over the states has Yamaha ever addressed this issue??

What do you recommend I do next?

Thanks,

F150's with hot start problem

I had almost an ibstant reply at "Hull of Truth" and I'd like to share it from "Seahorse": Early Yamahas being 2004 & 2005 models

The early Yamaha F150's had a hot start problem and those who complained received a kit that the dealer installed. It's quite expensive today if you need one as I doubt Yamaha would warranty a motor that old. Later F150s came with the kit installed. See your dealer to find out if yours has one or not.

*... personally possessing more tools than talent !
    __________________________________________________ _

Comment

Working...
    X