Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha ox66 02 sensor test results - Do I need a new one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha ox66 02 sensor test results - Do I need a new one?

I just finished testing my 02 sensor I hooked up the test harness and warmed up the motor and the meter scaled between .4 and .7v this was done in the slip at idle. I then covered the hole in the top throttle plate and the meter slowly scaled to about .8 for a second or 2 and then was sitting arount .72- .76 after removing my finger the meter then scaled between .54 and .64 but took a few seconds to do so then went back to scaling between .4 and .7v

I have been noticing alot of excess smoke at low rpms and thought the 02 sensor to be the culprit. I did clean It before I launched the boat about 3 weeks ago. I also replaced the low pressure fuel pumps, replaced the VST filter, replaced the onboard fuel filter, replaced the 10 micron fuel filter/water seperator.

The motor is a 2005 SX200hp ox66. At this point I am wondering if I need a new 02 sensor or if I should test at a certain rpm? I have kept the boat under 4000rpms and only briefly tested WOT which was about 5200rpms and I normally see 5500 but like I mentioned this was only done for a few seconds because I do realize thanks to RodBolt that anything over 4000rpms causes a lean condition.

Did I hurt the motor even if I kept it under 4000rpms except for a quick WOT test once or twice? Should I not continue to run the boat until I replace the sensor if infact that is the problem?

Thank you in advance for any help!

I know I'm new guys but any help would really be appreciated.

Comment

been a bit busy myself.
      your numbers look good.
      whats the fuel rail pressure?

Comment

Working...
      X