1993 yamaha 225 wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 yamaha 225 wiring question

ok so I just baught a stv charger with a 1993 yamaha 225 on it. The previous owner changed all the gauges but never hooked them back up before selling. long story shot, I'm basicly starting from scratch because the wiring was a twist and tape mess...

first of all, where do I get a signal to make my rpm gauge work. I have a pretty basic analog gauge

where do I get my signal for the engine temp sensor? I have a aftermarket analog temp gauge

and where to I get my signal for my trim gauge?? it dosent work at all.

thanks for your help i'm new to this engine and still learning the basics of it.

Originally posted by mistah_max View Post
    ok so I just baught a stv charger with a 1993 yamaha 225 on it. The previous owner changed all the gauges but never hooked them back up before selling. long story shot, I'm basicly starting from scratch because the wiring was a twist and tape mess...

first of all, where do I get a signal to make my rpm gauge work. I have a pretty basic analog gauge

where do I get my signal for the engine temp sensor? I have a aftermarket analog temp gauge

and where to I get my signal for my trim gauge?? it dosent work at all.

thanks for your help i'm new to this engine and still learning the basics of it.
    ok so I found the wires that come from the sending unit for the trim. theres a black a pink and a orange wire. black is ground so I assume that the other 2 are up/down. theres 3 pins on the gauge with the center one marked a grnd. so the black wire should go there and the orange and pink wire should go on the 2 other pins right?? the gauge just wont budge no matter how I plug the wires...any ideas??

Comment

Working...
    X