Multifunction Tach Oil Level Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multifunction Tach Oil Level Indicator

I have twin 2001 Yamaha 200 HPDI engines. Both multifunction tachs at the helm are simultaneously displaying a flashing center bar on the remote oil level indicator. The first bar is solid and the second bar is blinking. Both remote oil tanks are full. I've checked and rechecked all of the wiring and related components on both engines. Both engines work fine, i.e. transfer oil. I even had a certified Yamaha tech take a look at the wiring, etc. We replaced all the cabling from the remote oil tanks including the multifunction tachs with “known to be working” test parts. Both tachs are still displaying a solid first bar and a blinking second bar. After all the testing and checking, I am now considering the problem is with the Yamaha 61B-85830-00-00 CONTROL UNIT ASSY. This unit is located behind the dual key switch and appears to control a sequence of startup tests. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

at the tachs, check the continuity between the green oil wire lead and ground.
    some were green/white.

Comment

I checked the continuity on both remote oil level indicator cables for both gauges and I have continuity.

Comment

Working...
      X