stuck at 2000rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck at 2000rpms

I replaced a definitely faulty fuel pump on my '02 Yamaha 90tlra. On a test run it started, idled and ran at all speeds perfectly for several minutes. I throttled down, then upon throttling back up the motor would not pass 2000 rpms. It still starts, idles, and runs perfectly up to 2000rpms but will not go any faster. I'm stumped. The igintion and fuels systems are fine. The water pump is brand new. Mike

Have you tested your alarm system lately to see if it is functioning properly?
    Could be it is going into alarm but buzzer not sounding

Comment

I thought about the temperature sensor when I discovered that the water pump was not circulating properly. I replaced the water pump but the motor still will not exceed 2,000rpms. Could the sensor be stuck? What other sensors should I check? Mike

Comment

Fuel issue maybe, how's your primer ball? Pump it up and try again?

Comment

primer bulb is tight.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeFaircloth View Post
            I thought about the temperature sensor when I discovered that the water pump was not circulating properly. I replaced the water pump but the motor still will not exceed 2,000rpms. Could the sensor be stuck? What other sensors should I check? Mike
            You still have not said if your alarm system is working when tested

Comment

I have not tested the alarrm system.

Comment

why not?
                Wouldn't it be good to know if you have an alarm system trying to protect the motor?

Comment

Working...
                X