tilt/trim gauge not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tilt/trim gauge not working

I’ve had a lot to do on my boat and have neglected the tilt/trim gauge. The gauge is brand new 4 wire unit. It stopped working about two weeks ago. I checked the harness and it has continuity in each of the 4 wires (unplugged from the switch). I also checked the t/t switch and the arm moves freely. I looked in both my manuals but can’t find any information on the switch. Is there a way to test this part?

Thanks,
    Charles

Charles,
    Per the manual for my 2000 C115:
    Unplug the harness that leads to the trim sensor - it is a four wire plug. Measure resistance with ohm meter as follows:
    Pink wire to Black wire, 582-873 ohms
    Orange wire to Black wire, 800-1200 ohms
    Turn the lever of the sensor and measure resistance as it gradually changes.
    Make sure the sensor lever is making contact with the cam of the trim sensor ring clamp that goes around the steering tube - they can crack and rotate, whereby no longer making contact.
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

Thanks Ken...does it say anything about the grey wire?

Comment

Charles,
        The grey wire on my C115 is the signal wire from the thermo switches to indicate an overheat condition. This signal goes to the ignition control and to the console gauges via the grey wire in the trim sensor plug/harness.
        Good luck,
        Ken K

Comment

Working...
        X