yamaha 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 90

hi my engin was not started for 8 months ( I was out of the country)
    I have put new fule in her It is hard to start and will not idle. I am not over smart when it comes to moters But I do need some help with this one Thanks
    Peter

did you drain the old fuel out of the tanks before adding new?

Comment

your a candidate for a carb/fuel pump job.
      do both and clean the fuel lines while your at it.
      hopefully you drained the old gas from the tank before adding new.

Comment

Yamaha 90

Thanks for the reply !!
        I did not empty the gas out. My friend's asked me if they could use the boat it turns out they did not run her so thats where I'm at with that. I took the carbs off yesterday, and cleaned them (lots of gunk)
        I put new plugs in. They look 5years old pure black oil?? So today I have to get more new ones I guess.I got her to run a bit but it seemed like a back fire or something not sure?? It will not idle I will have to work on her today some more I guess
        Thanks for your help !!
        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peter1965 View Post
          Thanks for the reply !!
          I did not empty the gas out. My friend's asked me if they could use the boat it turns out they did not run her so thats where I'm at with that. I took the carbs off yesterday, and cleaned them (lots of gunk)
          I put new plugs in. They look 5years old pure black oil?? So today I have to get more new ones I guess.I got her to run a bit but it seemed like a back fire or something not sure?? It will not idle I will have to work on her today some more I guess
          Thanks for your help !!
          If there was lots of stuff in the carbs then there is probably lots in the tank, lines, and fuel pump. Clean it all when you do the carbs.
          Other wise you will report back how it happened all over again

Comment

Working...
          X