fuel pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pressure

i have a f200txr with fuel issues.i have had injectors cleaned professionally. i have replaced all filters and have replaced high pressure pump. still gets to 3800 rpm and if you try to give more throttle it starts to bog down and fuel pressure drops from 42 to 25 psi. im lost

Not sure if this helps but is the hose from the carb catching the throtle arm and pinching it. Or the air ratial is off on carbs, Sounds like what mine just did when I adj my carbs, But if those haven't been messed with best to leave them alone.

Comment

f200 has no carbs.
      your still fighting VST issues.
      either a filter before or inside it is clogged or its not full of fuel.
      its an outside remote possibility that the regulator is failing but its far fetched.
      by the fact it will hold 25 PSI tells me the HP pump is running.
      so either the feed pump cant keep the seperator full,you have a restriction between the feed pump and the liquid level in the tank, the VST prefilter is clogged or the VST filter is clogged.

Comment

Sometimes the horseshoe shaped fuel filter on top of the VST will restrict the flow enough to cause that problem it is cheap to replace and should be replaced frequently if you are having running problems anyway. PN is 69J-24501-00-00

Comment

actually, use 69J-24501-10-00. its 10 micron and traps more stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X