No power to fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to fuel pump

Searched site and could not find fix for my problem. I have a VX250TRLB.
    Pump runs with 12v jumpers. No power to pump with DVM. So far I have checked the main relay ,wire from relay to pump ok, elec.pump resistor meters at 00.8 Not sure how this all works but read a post from Rodbolt that this is all tied together with the ECU. Any info into this greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by dhfish1; 06-03-2011, 07:30 PM.

the ECU supplies the GROUND path.
    from the red lead at the pump to a BLOCK ground you should see 12V any time the key is on.

Comment

Thats my problem , I don't have 12v on the red lead. I have been back tracing the red wire to try and find the problem.

Comment

thanks rodbolt for the words of wisdom. got me looking in the right direction.
        found power going into the main relay, none coming out to the fuel pump wire. tapped it with the handle of a screwdriver and got power so I guess it was stuck open. not sure what is in that thing but ordered a new one from Boats.net

Comment

if the main relay fails you get no fuel pump power,no injector power and limited power to the ECU.

Comment

Similar problem

So it seems I have similar problem on a 2004 SX150TXRC. No power at fuel pump with key on, but I do have spark. Ive traced hot lead for pump back to the ECU but I have no idea how to test that? Ive located (2) relays on stbd side of engine, seems as though dhfish may have had luck replacing one of these but which one was it? Any help much appreciated.

Comment

Do not add to old posts
              Start your own thread wit all the info

Comment

Working...
              X