Problem's on OX66's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem's on OX66's

I have a pair of 2003 OX66 250hp's on my new to me Hydra Sports. They have 280hours on them so I assume they set allot over the last 8 years.

When I use the trim switch on the throttle everything is OK. If I use the individual trim switches the Stb works fine for the Stb engine. The Port side will trim the port engine down, but when I use it to trim up, Both engines go up. (not down, only up). Is this a bad switch? Which one? I figure there must be a gate diode in the system or the handle switch has the two engine wires separated to stop feedback. I haven't had the chance to meter it yet and was hoping someone had experience with this.

Second problem I notice is the stb engine has a little in/out play in the prop shaft. Port side is solid. How much play is acceptable. I know the counter rotating unit takes a little more stress because of the way the gears mesh to make it turn counter and give a few more problems. When do I get worried?

My last item of concern is the smoke. I have had 2 strokes in the past (smaller 100hp's) and expect smoke at startup. But I have noticed after running through an extended no wake zone that one or both engines will smoke a bunch. Is this normal with these?

Went all the way to page 9 and nobody took a shot at any of these questions?

Someone has to have some sort of an opinion or experience.

Comment

Working...
    X