Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt Cylinder Pin

1989 Yamaha V6 Excel

Fixed a leaky tilt cylinder and removed the old rusted out pin that was holding it in. Picked up the new bushings for the bracket (motor) part and for the tilt cylinder head itself.

I noticed the new pin has a groove for a circular clip to keep the pin from rattling loose or coming out. I cannot seem to drive the pin through enough to expose the groove to slide the clip on? Any ideas?

The bushings for the bracket side are supposed to fit which way? Inwards or outwards?

I tried looking at a diagram, but it didnt really show me what I needed to know.

Here is a picture of the outside of the bracket of the motor...should the bushing be installed from that side?

And here is a picture with the bushing installed from the inside...is this how it should be?

Last edited by BigNiner19; 06-02-2011, 02:17 AM.

Now that is strange

Mine came out easily once circlip was removed. My finger pressure would get it out. I greased it up put it in white plastic thingy done. Also that pin went in either direction. Mine if standing behind motor has circlip on right.

Comment

Originally posted by 200090tlry View Post
      Mine came out easily once circlip was removed. My finger pressure would get it out. I greased it up put it in white plastic thingy done. Also that pin went in either direction. Mine if standing behind motor has circlip on right.
      Thats how I was putting the pin in as well. You should have put in 4 white plastic thingy's. Two in the Tilt Cylinder head, and two in the bracket. I'm trying to figure out if the two in the bracket are insterted from the inside, or from the outside of the bracket.

I think from the most recent diagram I looked at, they should be inserted from the inside of the bracket.

Cory

Comment

Rodbolt?

Anyone know which way these bushings should be inserted?

Comment

Figured it out. The bushings have to go from the inside.

Now if I could just get this stupid circular clip on, the job would be completed!

Comment

Working...
          X