Leak at fuel filter canister F150 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak at fuel filter canister F150 4 stroke

After changing my fuel filter at the back of the engine and screwing the collar back on, I have a leak when I pump the hand prime to fill the canister. I have reseated the canister 5x, changed the gasket, but can't seat it so there is no leak when I pump the primer. I changed this last year with no problem. What am I missing? I forget if the screw on collar should have no threads showing after it is tight, mine has 3-4 threads so maybe I am not seating the canister before screwing the collar on?
    Thanks

Dave

I know it's kind of finicky to get in there and tighten it up. You should lube the O ring and push the housing into position while you tighten up the collar. Get someone to hold things out of the way.
    When you talk about gasket don't you mean O ring? That is probably damaged. I keep a supply on hand.

Hope you have a 10 micron water separating filter ahead of this one.
    Stanley Islander 19, 2006 Yamaha F150TLRC. Ottawa, Canada
    16' York River, 1986 Yamaha PRO 50.

Comment

yes, I replaced the O ring with a new one.
      yes, I have a Racor 10mm filter before the engine, it got gummed up and saved me.
      Thanks, my mechanic said sometimes the canister swells due to ethanol and I may have to sand the edge to get it to fit.

Comment

I can’t remember if it’s the freezer or fridge but put the canister in their four a few hours and it should go on.

Comment

let it sit on the workbench overnight.
          then,unless the threads got damaged, it will screw back on.

Comment

Working...
          X