200 HPDI Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 HPDI Oil

I have twin 200 HPDI's and am having similar issues to a couple other threads I read through. I am not getting oil transferred from my main oil tank to the the oil tank mtd. on the side of the engine. What steps should I take to try and fix the problem?

Model No: Z200txrd

I had the same problem with mine about a month ago. First you need to check to see if the manual toggle switch will pump oil to the engine tank. Also did you get a warning on your Yamaha gauge, if so which one? My problem was the sensor in the tank was lose and giving a false reading to the computer saying my tank was low so it stopped pumping oil to the tank on the engine. I sealed the sensor so it would not come out and replaced the oil filter. That worked for me.

Comment

I did trouble shoot and found out a couple of things. First, with switch on and engines off, I hear the pump of the other engines tank turning on but not the one that doesnt work. So the little pump at the main oil tank is not comming on. Second, the manual switch does not pump in the oil when turned on - probably because the pump isnt comming on. I think I should either replace the pump or check the electric feed/wiring for power. Your thoughts?

Comment

swap tanks, see if the issue stays or moves

Comment

buy new motors.
          that will solve it.
          or do some reading on how this simple system that contains NO NO NO sensors.
          did I mention your system has NO sensors in the oiling system ?

Comment

Hey Thanks Rod Bolt, now I see why you are a senior member.

Comment

sometimes swapping parts leads to two broke motors.
              its always preferable to test the system.
              what indicates are you getting on the tach?
              its an incredibly simple system with 4 switchs that are either on or off, no sensors.

Comment

Working...
              X