Yamalube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamalube

I have a 1998 Saltwater Series 2 stroke 200HP outboard. What is the recommended 2 cycle oil?

i am a firm believer in using the product made for your motor.in your case yamalube 2m.i would also use ring free.

Comment

have you read your owners manual to see what it says?

Outboard Owners Manuals

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence49 View Post
        I have a 1998 Saltwater Series 2 stroke 200HP outboard. What is the recommended 2 cycle oil?
        On my 1999 90HP 2 stroke I switched to the Pennzoil 100% Synthetic Outboard Motor Oil several years ago and it seems to smoke less with less carbon. But I never really had any problems with the Yamalube Oil either. I always use the Ringfree and Stabil with a Fuel/Water Separator type filter, no fuel/oil problems at all, so far. Good Luck!

Comment

I have switched to Penzoil semi-synthetic on my 200 HPDI, no problems so far. I too always run Ring Free.

Comment

ring free - sea foam

How about running Sea Foam instead of Ring Free?

Comment

Seafoam is petroleum naphtha and mineral spirits based product that has proven itself as a fuel stabilizer and carbon remover, and the Ringfree is an amine designed by Oronite/Chevron for Yamaha primarily for carbon prevention/removal. I use the Stabil for fuel stabilizing and the Ringfree for carbon prevention. Check out: Marine Fuel Additives for lots of information on the available additives, ingredients, applications. Several good products to choose from. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
              X