diagnosis code 39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diagnosis code 39

I am getting code 39 when I run the self diagnosis. I would like to know if it is ok to still use the motor (F250TXR) till I can get it looked at? I cannot find what the code is for.

List of diagnosis codes and items
    * The item varies depending on the model.
    Code Item Code Item
    13 Pulser coil 62 Fuel pressure too low
    14 Crank position sensor 68 Variable cam timing (STBD)
    15* Water temp sensor 69 Variable cam timing (PORT)
    15* Engine temp sensor 71 Cam position sensor (STBD INT)
    17 Knock sensor 72 Cam position sensor (PORT INT)
    18 Throttle position sensor 73 Oil control valve (STBD)
    19 Battery voltage 74 Oil control valve (PORT)
    22 Atmospheric press sensor 83 Trim/tilt sensor
    23 Intake temp sensor 85 ION detection module
    24 Cam position sensor (EXH) 112 - 119 Electronic throttle system
    25 Fuel press sensor 121 - 123 Electronic throttle system
    26 Injector 124 - 128 Throttle position sensor
    27 Water in fuel 129 Electronic throttle system
    28 Shift position switch 131 - 135 Accelerator position sensor
    29 Intake press sensor 136 - 139 Electronic throttle system
    37 Intake air passage 141 - 145 Electronic throttle system
    39 Oil press sensor 146 - 150 Shift position sensor
    44 Engine stop lanyard switch 153 - 155 Shift position sensor
    45 Shift cut-off switch 156 - 157 ENG-R.C. communication
    46 Overheat thermoswitch 160 - 181 Remote control system
    49 Over cooling 183 - 184 Remote control system
    59 Memory data 186 - 187 Remote control system

Comment

would this F250 happen to be rigged with command link and the water pressure and speedometer transducers.
      if so I need you to look at the sensors.
      the speed is mounted aft on the port side lower cowl, the water pressure between the V banks behind that plastic cover thats retained by 4 10mm hex head bolts.

Comment

Yes I have command link. I did not see any sensors, I took off the plastic cover off both sides. Not sure what I should be looking for. The tach did show my oil pressure high.

Comment

look carefully for the sensors, they are, equipped, silver and have a 3 wire connector.
          make sure the hex on the sensor is way larger than the hex on adapter body.
          also .
          make sure no one has broken the oil pressure sensor,mounted way to close to the oil filter, while doing maint.
          sensor failure is rare ,I would start by using the test harness and my multimeter to verify the 5v refernce then the actual sensor out put voltage.
          there were some issues with the first run of the command link water pressure and speed sensors that caused a main harness and ECU failure.
          typically shows up first as either oil pressure or MAP sensor codes.
          sometimes the map wont throw a code but will tell the ECU its operating at 25,000 ft which is in range for the ECU map but will drive most techs nuts cause they dont know why barometric pressure is monitored.

Comment

did not see anything broken I still have 3yrs on the warranty. Can you tell me if I can use the motor, with out doing any damage to it, while I wait to get it in to be serviced.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

I would not, I would have it fixed and go to plan B until its done.
              should take less than 30 minutes to diagnose it and 15 min to replace any sensors.
              if the harness is damaged it takes 2.5 hours,tops to change the main harness on the engine.

Comment

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

remember warrenty has two parties.
                  one,yamaha, warrenties against defects and workmanship.
                  two is you.
                  once that code is set the engine operating hour it was set at is locked in the ECU,
                  you bring it to my shop with an oil pressure related failure but its run 15 hours with the code set and odds are high yamaha wont touch it.
                  and its within their rights under the warrenty policy just like most other manufactures.
                  as a proffesional technician and one of a couple hundered yamaha master techs, I would not run it.
                  have it repaired.
                  takes me 23 hours to replace a powerhead on an F250, including cleaning the oil sump and replacing the strainer.
                  I am way faster than most.
                  balance that against a simple fix.
                  simple fix you may not have it for a week.
                  powerhead replacement you may not have it for a month, or longer.

Comment

Working...
                  X