No announcement yet.

Yamaha CV85 compatible side controls ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha CV85 compatible side controls ?

Hello,

I´ve been following this great forum from the Indian Ocean for a while. I just acquired an old 16 feet Boston Whaler (with 2 side consoles) equipped with a 2 stroke Yamaha CV85 outboard (end of the 90´s I guess) with trim & tilt but no controls.

I´m guessing that the original controls where side-mounted and much probably the 703´s. I´ve been therefore looking for these lately. However just today I came across the 6X- side controls, which would be perfect since it looks like the body can be installed within the interior side of the hull while the throttle control sticks out of it (=esthetics reasoning). Is this correct?

Also, would the 6X- be compatible with my outboard, and if so which Yamaha cable should I use?

I read that the 6X- requires an ignition switch... Which one exactly should I get?

Thanks a lot and keep it up, this website is a wealth of knowledge!

Yes the 6X flush mount control will work, would need 704-82570-08-00 key switch and 6X3-8258A-10-00(20 ft) main harness, harness available in 16,20,26 and 31 ft.
    The control cables are MAR-CABLE-xx-SC(replace xx with length cable need), would need two cables.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info!

I suppose the 2 control cables are not provided with the 6X flush mount, correct?

Regarding the 704-82570-08-00 key switch, since I need to provide space for it in the console I´d need a tech drawing (size, etc.). Would you have that?

To finish, I´d like to find a supplier for all these items (whom ships to Mauritius, Indian Ocean). Would you know any?

Thanks a million once again, this is really great!

Comment

I almost forgot: I´d also like to buy a tachometer and a volt meter.

Would the following items be compatible:

- Yamaha Yamaha Pro Series II Tachometer - White (Part# 6Y7-83540-70-00)

- Yamaha Yamaha Pro Series II Volt Meter - White (Part# 6Y7-83503-10-00)

In case so, would I need special wiring for these or would they connect directly to the 6X3-8258A-10-00 main harness?

Would you have any tech drawings / schematics so I can start providing space in the console?

Thanks again!

PS: Any US supplier who can ship these 6 items at once to Mauritius Island? That would be great!

Comment

Have you tried clicking on the Purchase Yamaha Parts at the top of these pages or the Contact Us?
          That should get you the info you need.

Comment

Working...
          X