05 Yamaha 115 EFI low rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 Yamaha 115 EFI low rpm

Seem like I've read a few of these problems before but here is my story.

Orignal issue was a boging at WOT. Took it to a Yamaha certified tech and he cleaned the VST and filter. Did all the pressure checks, etc. All seemed good 4 weeks ago.
    Had a starter issue that I finally resolved last week(rebuilt) and went for a run today.
    Ran good up to WOT but could not get over 5000 rpm's. Previously had been in the 54-5600 range. On the way back, after a 5 minute idle, it would bog down and never go above 4000 rpm. I tried babying it to see if I could get it over slowly.

Of note. I don't usually prime the bulb with this EFI but today I did. The bulb never seemed to get hard(it has in the past). Motor started right up though. When the problem occured at 4000 rpms I tried pumping the bulb and it was soft and would not stiffen, no effect on the rpm's.
    Also, I had to replace the fuel tank vent thru hull fitting last weekend. I replaced the male fitting on the outside and it screwed in the inside piece very tight.

Does this sound like a tank vent pressure issue? Or a leak in a fuel line? Or both?

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help.

Sounds like starving for fuel, if still has old gas in from the time it was repaired then could be plugged up again and could need VST and injectors cleaned again. Need to check entire fuel system, fuel hoses, fuel filters and fuel pickup in gas tank and have fuel pressure tested again.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X