Yamaha Dual Control Wiring/Neutral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Dual Control Wiring/Neutral

I am wiring a yamaha dual key control (6K1-82570-02-00) to a single 1993 yamaha 130. (The dual control was originally hooked to two engines, of which this was one of the engines).

Which wires on this harness are for the neutral safety switch? I don't see any wires near the shifting linkage on the engine coming back through the harness so I assume I have to hook from my morse controls to a wire or wires connected to this key switch. The only wires that are not part of the harness are a red, a black, and a dual yellow wire.

Thanks,

Ron

the brown wires are for the safety start switch.

Comment

This is where I get confused...there is 1 brown wires in the harness only, but nothing I can plug my morse control wires into. (The 3 loose wires hanging out of the side of the control are red, yellow, and black)

On the 130 I don't see any things near the shift lever like a switch or wires that may send back to the control to tell if it is in neutral or not (though maybe it is deeper in the case). My assumption is I have to come from the morse control unit I have to tell it is in neutral?

Ron

Comment

now we are getting somewhere.
        on the yamaha side of the wiring the wires are brown.
        IF installed on the aftermarket morse boxes, the wires will be yellow with a red stripe.
        however on the mose box the neutral start swich may be an option.

Comment

ok thanks - i have found the brown wire coming from the harness and into the back of the key switch. It looks like a single brown wire out of the harness, and then splits into 2 with one going to the back of the syncronizer, and another going into the key switch.

ron

Comment

Working...
          X