Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 25hp Gear Linkage

Hi Guys,

I am new on here but i am just after a quick hand if possible. I have a 1996 Yamaha 25hp Autolube. The engine is a manual and electric start and i think is a short shaft model (not long shaft). It is also a manual tilt.

I am after the gear linkage that connects to the outside casing of the engine. The part is a metal rod with a plastic part on one end and a metal part on another which connects to the gear cable. This allows the remote unit to change the gear when the level is pushed forwards.

I have looked on the yamaha parts website and i cant find it. I am just wondering if anyone knows where i can get one? I can upload pics of the part and engine when i get home tonight if required.

Thanks,
    Andy.

I think you are looking for the cable ends which is part of the remote attachment kit and not listed on many models, look at this one to see if that is what you need, 1996 C40ELRU Yamaha Outboard REMOTE CONTROL ATTACHMENT PUSH TO OPEN (ALT 6) Diagram and Parts
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      I think you are looking for the cable ends which is part of the remote attachment kit and not listed on many models, look at this one to see if that is what you need, 1996 C40ELRU Yamaha Outboard REMOTE CONTROL ATTACHMENT PUSH TO OPEN (ALT 6) Diagram and Parts
      Thanks for the response. Heres a pic of the part that needs replacing...

Even though it isnt a 1993 model, its 1996 do you think it is part number 6 as shown in the link below? The small part you can see snapped off on mine where the link rod clips in...

1993 25ELHR Yamaha Outboard REMOTE CONTROL ATTACHMENT Diagram and Parts

Thanks,
      Andy.

Comment

You need to look at your model number, is it a 25ELHR or a C25 model? Then order parts for your model.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X