2004, 225 hpdi low water pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004, 225 hpdi low water pressure

My 225 hpdi has been having problems with low water pressure.It has 48 hours on the engine. The water pump was replaced to no avail.The popet valve was replaced to no avail. It has been flushed by dealer with no help. when running at 5000 rpm's it only showed 10 psi. At 3000 rpm's it only has about 5 to 7 psi. I talked with yamaha and they told me that it should have no less than 11 psi at any throttle range. I could rev it up in neutral and pressure goes up to around 25 to 30 psi but when it was put in gear and throtted up it would go up to about 15psi then fall back to around 10 psi. Any answers?

if it has good operating pressure in neutral, sounds to me as the gauge or wiring is the issue because the impeller runs directly on the drive shaft/crankshaft, rpms up- impeller up, rpms dwn, impeller dwn.is it a yamaha gauge, factory installed? do you get overheat warnings,rpm reduction?

Comment

I have never heard the alarm or seen the warning light on but when the dealer put it on the computor it showed that it had overheated 250 times. The gauges are the ones triton uses on there boats. The gauge has been checked.

Comment

Have you considered engine height? Pressure will go down as you trim the motor up and if your engine is set too high on the jack plate you will get the lower pressure. I have a 200 prov which runs around 12 to 15 psi at wot and normally registers only around 5psi when idling.

Comment

I do have a hydralic jackplate that I have move up and down with no change. Its only when I get too high that pressure drops more.

Comment

Working...
          X