No announcement yet.

2001 hpdi plugs fouling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why not simply use a peak reading meter and fix the problem.
    a no spark condition on 1 and 3, would have me testing from the primary coil connector back to the ecm pin that controls the ign primary for 1 and 3.
    use your Kv, tester,your ohm meter and your peak reading multimeter and it 20 mins the wire is nailed.
    if it were no spark on 2 and 3 then I would look at the shift position switch.
    the engine controls are fairly simple and its a simple TCI ign system.

Comment

thanks rodbolt, i did most of what you said, you have see this harness up close it real brittle and when you move it around to chck the ecm plug it start to crack, i pulled tape and the sleeves back around harness and it pretty bad, i already fixed some it when is swapped it over, ie fuel pump wiring, fuel pressure sensor wiring was nicked and coating was missing. i know i can fix it, but at this point all i am doing is putting bandaids on this hasness. if i cant find used harness i will try to fix this one. thank again.

Comment

used harness should be fairly easy to find.
        sometimes fixing an old oning issue.
        e is a never end

Comment

its tuesday and i will start looking, my wife said no work for last 2 days, i will chk e bay , craigs, a couple of recyclers i know, thanks again

Comment

shot in the dark

like this forum
            Last edited by bullduck; 07-27-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X