Oil Injection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Injection problem

My 2006 Yamaha 50hp 2-stroke oil injection lines keep coming disconnected. I've replaced the metal clamps with plastic wire ties. What could be causing this to occur?
    Last edited by deeyoungpee; 05-15-2011, 04:18 PM.

Those lines are also glued on at the nipple. Never heard of them disconnecting. Make sure you use the zip ties that are radiused at the clamp or you won't get a good clamp.
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Thanks, I used a smaller zip tie so as to make a good connection. Didn't know if I was getting some back pressure causing the lines to disconnect. Oh well, guess I'll just keep an eye on it.

Comment

never seen one glued nor do they use zip ties on the lines between the oil pump and the intake nipples.
        I have seen the vinyl lines get hard and the clamps wont hold after they have been removed and reinstalled.

Comment

I would like to replace my clear lines for oil injection

Seems there is paint on few hoses. I would think getting new hoses and metal clamps would solve your problem. If there comming off though I would start putting some oil in gas tank alot less expensive than replacing a motor. Rod could we use any old clear hoses. Im also thinking of replacing backflow pieces. Could I disconnect the injection route (out) oil line from pump back into the tank. 50to1 in tank.
          Last edited by 200090tlry; 05-18-2011, 01:33 PM.

Comment

best to replace the lines with new....

Comment

Working...
            X