2003 F225 water pressure valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 F225 water pressure valve

Gentlemen, I bought the PRV to install it but I can't remove the old one. I just stripped the head of the valve but it still has meat to grab it with lock pliers or monkey tool.

The question is, if it breaks apart is it easy to get the plastic pieces out of the opening? A vaccum cleaner could help?

I am not sure if I shall continue trying to remove it, afraid that the water passages could get pieces of it and clog them. Any suggestions on how to remove this stuborn plastic valve?

Any expert advice is appreciated. The engine is a 2003 F225TXRB.

last one like that I did I had to carefully cut it out and make a thread file to chase the threads.
    then I replaced adapter plate to correct the low speed overheat.
    the ex

Comment

thanks for the reply. The space is so tight in there, how did you make the thread file could you provide a little more detail? and how did you cut it?

Comment

pulled the powerhead,removed the shift shaft,removed the 4 bolts holding the cowl down and used a small reciprocating air saw and a dremel.
        to make a thread file measure the thread on the new valve, find a bolt with the correct thread pitch, grind an inch or so of the thread then use the sharp edges to remove the corrosion.
        takes about 3-4 hours.

Comment

Working...
        X