Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Yamaha OX66 225 HP

SX225

Background - Motor hesitates around 1500 rpms, if you go full throttle, it will clear up and go up to RPM's correctly. If you do not go full throttle, it will sit and hesitate around the 1300-1700 rpm range. Also, the motor was idling in gear around 500 rpms.

What's been done:

Fuel pressure checked - holds stead at 35 PSI throughout the RPM range.

Winky Blinky - Displays code 1 throughout the RPM range.

Throttle Position Sensor - Tested the throttle position sensor while on the trailer with the Key on. Voltage shown was .75 V, 5V on the 5V common. Reset the TPS to .5 V. Went and ran the boat, still had the same issue at 1500 rpms. With the boat back in neutral, tested the TPS again, it read .8V, reset it to .5V and ran again, did the same thing all over again. Also, the voltage was not a smooth transition during the hesitation at 1500 rpms. Note - the tps was set to .5 with the shutter fully closed.

O2 sensor - Tested the 02 sensor, and it ranged from .4 to .6 V. When I covered the number 1 bleed hole, the voltage would adjust very slowly.

I also adjusted the idle screw and set the idle to 750 rpms.

So, based of what I am seeing, I feel like I need to order a new TPS and clean the 02 sensor and bracket. Agree?

voltage should adjust almost immediately and be as responsive as your finger, try cleaning and retest

Comment

I agree on the O2 sensor, I am more curious as far as my line on the TPS?

Comment

you do realize that engine uses a CCS system?

Comment

Yes I do, how does that effect the TPS and the output voltage, am I missing something Rodbolt? Appreciate the help. It is a pretty bad hesitation.
          Last edited by msu202020; 05-12-2011, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X