PTT compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTT compatability

Does anybody know if a ptt assembly from a 2003 F60 could be used on a 2001 F50?

The same part numbers were used in 2001 & 2002, but then part numbers changed in 2003. From what I can tell, it looks like there some differences in the internal seals on the ram, but didn't know if there's any other things that wouldn't let the 03 assembly work on the 01.

They show completely different part numbers, there is something different but not sure what.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I compared the exploded parts diagrams a bit more closely and they use the same piston assembly and several other parts, with the big difference being the gear pump assembly. Looks like the design changed a bit, in which case they may have modified the ptt housing.

The reason my original question came up is my 01 F50 has a tendency to drift down and I found a used '03 F60 ptt at a really good price. So instead of buy all the parts & pieces to try and fix mine, figured this might be an option. I've got a few other things I want to check, but I may just buy the F60 ptt and see how it goes.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X