oil alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil alarm

I have a 2002 200 HPDI and had my oil warning go off and start shutting down the RPM's this weekend. My remote tank is about 1/3 to 1/2 full so plenty of oil in it. I was running about 5K in some slightly choppy water and noticed the motor shutting down. I have a flats boat so I sit and can't see the oil bars on the tach without standing up. I shut it down for a minute, alarm stopped, cranked her up and no problems. Ran for a little while then bumped it up to 5K again to see if it was a fluke and she started to shut down again. I shut it down and cranked again, no issue. I then headed back to another spot running about 4K. During this run I had the left bar full, the middle bar flashing and no third bar and no alarm or shut down. Heading back to the ramp I ran at 3K and all three bars were full the entire time and no alarms. The good news is I know my alarm works, the bad news is I don't know what caused this? I check the motor yesterday and the engine oil tank is to the top line. Could a clogged filter cause it to pass less oil due to higher demand?

Any help is appreciated.

Middle bar(add oil indicator) is signaling remote oil tank is low on oil, which means no oil will be transfered to engine as long as the middle bar is on, the engine will run low and activate the alarm and low oil warning in tach. If adding oil to remote tank doesn't resolve it then need to test wiring harness and oil level sensor in remote tank.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I will add another gallon of oil and see and report back with the results.

Comment

Working...
      X