Blowing valve out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowing valve out

Hi I'm in need of a little advice,I have an '81 85AET which I am rebuilding.At the moment I am working on the tilt trim and when I lower the the bracket,not attached to mid section yet,it blows out the main valve on one side,the circ clip ain;t holding it.That tells me the track for the clip is worn down,new clip,.So my question is,is it feasible to use a small wheel,like on a dremmel,deepen the recess and install a larger clip,or is there another method?Doing my best to keep the bits out of the valve housing Any help very much appreciated.

We don't have any information on that model but the main valve should be threaded and is then threads must also be stripped out.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Oh ,I can't see any threads on the valve,just a couple of o rings,it's a 6H1 system and part # 37 on this schematic, 1984 90ETLN Yamaha Outboard POWER TRIM & TILT COMPONENT PARTS Diagram and Parts . The manual I use is the Seloc '84 - '94 3 cyls from the 'States, and it shows the trim system the same as the one on my older European Yamaha.It's becoming a pain this piece of junk.I'll go with deepening the groove bigger circ clip/snap ring and hope for the best and if it doesn't work it going to the metal recyclers.Thank you for the response,it's very much appreciated

Comment

I costed the individual prices for a total seal kit and after my ever patient wife jumped started me with the defibrillator,,I started to wonder if there is a kit,cheaper full seal kit,as I thought I would do all the seals at the one lift,does anyone have a part number for it.If not I will do one ,ram,valve at a time over a period of time.
        Engine drops quickly with manual release valve closed,so I'm thinking seals,starting with the manual release valve seals.It's not leaking at any of the rams that I can see.
        If I'm wrong,which would not be unusual,could someone please point me in the right direction.Thank you.

Comment

6H1 unit drift down.
          look at,up main valve,up relief valve,manual release valve,trim piston orings or the free piston in the tilt cylinder.

Comment

Thank you.I'll get to it.

Comment

Working...
            X