need help with motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with motor

hello im new here but thought your advice could help me out bought a 85 40 lx 2 stroke for 500 bucks from a guy who did a full rebuild replaced 2 of the 3 carbs and then winterized it then sold it to me a year later. the problem is that when its at no wake speed it seems to shake a lil more then exspected and when i give it full throttle sometimes it reacts and runs as it should and other times it just boggs down for 30 seconds and then will start to go as it should. i am gonna change the plugs and i noticed some varnish in the carbs so i was also gonna clean them up. just wanted to get some insight from some guys that have more exspirance then me in the yamaha outboard world........... i also put 3 times the right amount of marine stabill in the fuel tank by accident to (brother put it in then i put a double dose in to clean it out) and was running the lowest octaine gass avail at the station not sure if that wouold make a diff but thought it might did a i also did a compression test and the numbers were 110 in two and 112 in the other

also when i put it in reverse it will make a grinding sound untill i put the shift lever in all the way reverse then it engages?
    Last edited by woodenskiff; 05-09-2011, 11:08 AM. Reason: forgot a another possible symtom

remove carbs and clean. get new fuel.

Comment

Working...
    X