Motor Shortage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Shortage?

A friend is having a sled boat built by a company in southern oregon. The salmon fishing has been hot and his boat has had one delay after another. It was suppose to be done first part of april. The latest reason given by the builder is that there is a "shortage" of Yamaha motors, in this case the 175 hp 2 stroke, coming from Japan due to the problems they are having over there. Builder told my friend it would be another 30 to 45 days. The boat is suppose to be "all done" except for the motor. Anyone heard of a Yamaha motor shortage?

yes, we need two F300 V6 offshore engines and cant find any dealer that has them.
    took several weeks to get an F25 .
    motors are in short supply from Yamaha.

Comment

Salmon fishing hot?

Dont get me excited. I went to Florence Oregon last year to Catch King Salmon and NADA not 1 during trip lots silvers. Are you fishing springers in **** Beach

Comment

Motor Shortage

Thanks for the reply. I will let him know that it is possible that the dealer can't get the motor. He was going to tell him (the dealer) to either get a honda 200 hp or merc if they can get one of those in the next two weeks. The lower Umpqua was pretty hot (for springers) two weeks ago and the first part of last week, but kind of died off the rest of last week. They are picking up a few in the roseburg area.

Comment

Working...
        X