Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Please...anyone know 2-HP pilot screw specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been scouring the internet and I can only find 2 other "maybes". The first and most probable is that apparently the float can become fuel saturated causing it to lose flotation and let too much fuel flow. Some guy on another site said that he has picked up a few discarded smaller Yamahas and that all he changed to get them running is the float. The other likly more long shot theory could be that ethanol blended gas could cause some miscellaneous issues. Good news is that I only have about 1 litre of gas left and will stay away from gasohol on my next fill/mix. Does anyone think either of those sound probable? Or could those two issues compound and lead to this unexplained fouling?

Comment

Well I am running new fuel now and it is still fouling, although not as quickly as before. Now I get more like 3 trips instead of 3 hours before i have to swap the plug.

Comment

Still having this issue, anyone have any feedback to the float theory I posted 3 posts ago?

Comment

I am still having this problem. Anyone have any feedback to the float theory I had about 3 posts ago?

Comment

I'm still having this motor problem. Does anyone have any opinions on the float issue I posted about 3 posts ago?

Comment

Hi Chakaraka,

I have the same problem with my 2hp yamaha 1996. Did you find the right solution to the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by valma600 View Post
                Hi Chakaraka,

I have the same problem with my 2hp yamaha 1996. Did you find the right solution to the problem?

Chakaraka last posted about a year and a half ago. He only has about 15 posts which means he does not come here often.

You might want to start a new thread in which case you will probably get more help.

Comment

2 hp mixture screw

Did you ever find out about that pilot screw on the 2HP?
                  I have a similar problem on my '99 2HP.
                  Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by geomy123 View Post
                    Did you ever find out about that pilot screw on the 2HP?
                    I have a similar problem on my '99 2HP.
                    Any help is appreciated.
                    Read post #22 please.

Comment

Working...
                    X