2004 300HPDI Top Mounting holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 300HPDI Top Mounting holes

I had a pod built for the above engine. I am unable to measure the center to center top mounting holes as the engine is frame mounted in an awkward position. Anyone know the center to center distance and the correct hole size. Once these are drilled I can mount it on the pod and drill the lower holes.

Thanks
    Bryan

It's in the shop manual. If you got a 300HPDI you gotta have a shop manual right?
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

No shop manual. I bought the Clymer book, it covers up to 250HPDI, but I couldn't find any mounting dimensions.

Comment

I got tired of Googling around. Called 2 local dealers and they didn't know.
        They use a jig. I managed to borrow a jig,drilled the holes and made a copy of the jig for future projects.All the major engine manuf. use the same pattern,which makes sense. Thanks

Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by bhpcanuck View Post
          No shop manual. I bought the Clymer book, it covers up to 250HPDI, but I couldn't find any mounting dimensions.
          Not sure why you would buy a manual that did not cover your motor, unless you bought if for a different motor you have.
          Yamaha Service Manuals are the way to go, if you plan on doing any work on your motor yourself

Comment

Originally posted by bhpcanuck View Post
            I got tired of Googling around. Called 2 local dealers and they didn't know.
            They use a jig. I managed to borrow a jig,drilled the holes and made a copy of the jig for future projects.All the major engine manuf. use the same pattern,which makes sense. Thanks

Bryan
            I believe Honda is the only one different.
            1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
            1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Working...
            X