Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone

Hi everyone
    New to the site and I like the posts here with some great tech information. I am currently running a F40 tiller and I am considering changing to fwd control after a long run home on the last trip with the wind and tide opposing.

My motor is a F40BWHT 2006/7 elec start/trim and I have worked out I need a 703 control box with push to accelerate settings. Apart from that I need more information on the cables and steering attachments.

Assistance appreciated.

Craig

Brisbane, Australia
    Last edited by gilvo001; 05-03-2011, 06:08 AM.

If it's the same as the USA models then
    Would need number 46 in this diagram 2006 and Later 4-stroke F40BTLR 67C-1036313 Yamaha Outboard BRACKET 3 Diagram and Parts
    and number 1 2006 and Later 4-stroke F40BTLR 67C-1036313 Yamaha Outboard STEERING GUIDE Diagram and Parts
    and two MAR-CABLE-xx-SC(replace xx with length cables needed) control cables.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for that information. I can't see why it would be different to the US model.

Comment

finally finished

Hi All
        I finally finished the F40B tiller to side console conversion project and now I want to make some other changes and I would appreciate any assistance:

A. Installing a remote trim switch close to the motor to make boat ramp duties more simple. The remote trim switch (688-82563-10-00) is the best option but I am having trouble working out how I can wire this unit into the motor or if there is a pre fabricated loom available

B. Moving the oil and temprature indicators lamps from the tiller handle to the recess at the front of the engine. There is only wiring for one of the globes (pink wiring) and not the other with the yellow wiring. A wiring diagram would solve that problem.

C. I would like to fit a yamaha tacho or multi purpose gauge to the console and need what are the best options and once again wiring diagrams.

Happy new year

Comment

Would have to use wires at trim relay, small blue wire is trim up, small green wire is trim down and red wire is 12 volt positive.
          Don't have wiring diagram on that model, not sure about the oil lights.
          If you have the 703 control box then the green, yellow and black wires on harness at control box are the gauge wires, green is tach signal, yellow is 12 volt key on power and black wire is ground. Set tach for 12 pole alternator.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X