Vmax 225 & T-8 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vmax 225 & T-8 questions

Got a couple questions regarding my engines taht I was wondering if someone coudl help answer... Thanks in advance...

First, I have a T-8 kicker remotely con*****ed at the dash. I'm going on my 3rd time replacing the throttle cable because it has worn through. It wears through at the point where the cable bends at the motor when the motor is trimed up during main engine travel. I can't find my old recepts and I can't find the cable labeling to see which model to order. The choke model# is available, I think I read somewhere these two cables are the same? And any suggestions of how I could either change the length or reinforce the cable to prevent the wear issue?

Secondly, I have a Vmax 225. Runs like a champ. Until I put it in neutral. Then it sputters a bit and sometimes cuts out. Not very fun coming into the ramp, put in neutral and she cuts out. Have to restart fast before I slam the dock. Had it in the shop twice to get fixed and still happening. They thought some cable was sticking. Any suggestions? I've checked the plugs, water fuel seperator, stuff like that...

Thanks!

on the T8.
    somewhere on the cable the length is stamped.
    on the VX225, we need the model number to ID what system you have.

Comment

Working...
    X